Do you believe that how you start your day is ultimately how you finish? I wasn’t always in favor of it, until one day I noticed it to be true. For the past year I’ve really been centering my focus on how I begin the first few hours of my day. Morning routines are CRUCIAL, especially if you’re like me and spending the majority of your day at the office. What’s my morning like? Glad you asked!
– 4:00am: I am up meditating/praying. I spend at least 10-30 minutes of meditation and prayer before I start my day. I do not touch my phone or at least try not to until I’ve had a little morning me time. Water is always on deck, waiting on the nightstand when I awake. I make sure I drink lots of water while getting ready for work, remembering to take my daily vitamins. All for good health and flawless skin.
– 5:45am: I am out the door. In between my time of getting ready and leaving for work I am quietly meditating and centering thoughts. Whatever I focus on tends to make or break the mood that I am in. During my commute to work I make sure that I am positive music to keep me in a good mood and a positive state of mind.
– 7:00am: I am sitting at my desk, turning on my space heater, having my morning coffee, and opening my outlook. This is also the time I take the initiative to tweet a few links to new blog post or advertise about books. (All while working of course hehe.) I multi task in the morning. I try to avoid social media as much as possible for the first few hours of my day. It limits me taking in any negative energy from the outside world. Notice the time-lapse in which I avoid being online. A good healthy break with no social media, text messages or phone calls.
– 8:00am: I am fully nestled into work and being the kick ass employee I know how to be. I utilize breaks and downtime at the office to respond to emails pertaining to whoisamberjanae.com. I also do my best to interact on social media as much as possible on the days a new post has gone live. By 8:00am the tone is set for the day. I am in such a positive state of mind that regardless of what goes wrong I make the initiative to keep my mood the same.
Why are morning routines so crucial? Because starting your day with healthy positive thoughts really helps determine the fate of the rest of your day. Meditation, positive music, etc. really helps set the tone. I listed worrying as one of my goals for the month of June that I hope to get rid of. I noticed a behavioral pattern in myself that often results to me worrying, that pattern is my thoughts during the morning.
As minor as it may seem, once it starts off on the wrong foot it’s really hard to retract your day. While it is extremely difficult to plan out an entire day, devoting time to making sure you’re in a positive mood and head space throughout the day is a great start. It’s all about good health and protecting your energy. You do this by setting boundaries that are beneficial to you, but also limit the power other people have to change your mood. Other great benefits to my morning routine?
- What I do for more than 21 days has become a healthy habit for all days to follow.
- I find myself constantly focusing on allowing ONLY healthy things into my personal space.
- Each day I discover new ways to make the next day better than before.
- I come home in a great mood, inspired to work.
Try creating a list. What do you think will be beneficial to you every morning to insure you start your day off right? Remember, it is said that what one does for 21 days straight becomes a habit. Be sure that the morning routine you set out to create consist of healthy habits. Happy Routine’n!
Be Inspired. Be Encouraged. Be Blessed.